Monday, September 15, 2008

Challenge #32: Leave your mark

I mentioned in the last post that we are doing something here that we have never done before. Sure we have done a rak or 2 with different things but nothing that you could hoard in your stash such as scrap supplies...so with that being said....for all you faithful particpants that have taken this crazy ride with us we are offering you not only one but 2 $15 gift certificates to Noel Mignon Scrap Shop. Noel was gracious enough to donate the GC"s and we cannot thank her enough. She puts together the most fabulous kits around that are jammed packed full of scrappy goodies plus she has a store for you to shop in if kits aren't your thing. We figured since February you have been working hard on depleating your stash of stuff so why not reward yourself with some new goodies...One of the GC's will be given away for this challenge and one for the October 1st challenge. the winner for this challenge will be announced on September 30th SO MAKE SURE YOU GET THEM IN BEFORE SEPT 30th by 8 CST

Here is how you can win.
post the SYC blinkie on your blog (by grabing it from the sidebar on the right...you might have to scroll down a bit
and participate in this challenge


good luck girls and on with this weeks challenge:

This week we want to leave our mark....yes my dear challenge lovers we need to break out those markers, pens, pencils, crayons whatever you have
use them to color in something on your page or make your own embellishments using these supplies. If you are not a big fan of your handwriting and you use the computer or stamps or your dymo label for your journaling here is your chance. Handwriting by you will be treasured by someone in the future. That is your challenge....

Queen Rose's:


Liz's:
i love the way this journaling technique looks. i've seen it a million times, so i don't know where credit is due. i finally got the nerve to try it about a month ago in a mini i did.

i drew the wavy lines and then wrote the message in regular pencil. colored in the letters with colored pencils, then traced with an AC Slick Writer. the Slick Writer also worked great on the Jenni Bowlin journal sticker. a nice portion of neglected buttons finally found a home as well!



















also, here's one full page of this technique that i did in that mini i referenced:























Lisa's:
I used the best white pen around (I've tried them all) the Uniball Signo to journal in swirls.





















Greta's:




i actually did a mini using SU markers, AC slick writers and metallic pens
here is some of the pages. You can see the full book if you choose here or here.

Dana's:


Hi There! Better late then never- Here is my contribution.. I took it literally and played around with actually using the ink markers as part of my layout! :)


make sure you leave us a comment int he comment section on the blog and a link with your layout to either your blog or an online gallery so we can find it and make sure you get your entry for the RAK this month. Good Luck girls!

This weeks picaso's:

24 comments:

Deanna said...

Way Kewl, and I just got some really great markers! I need to get caught up on my SYC challenges!

Just Jess said...

rockin challenge- love the projects. I'll start mine tonight. :)

Brenda said...

I wanna play, I wanna play!
How do I get the blinkie on my blog?
While I wait for a reply I will work on my submission.
I think these postings are fab ladies!

Deana said...

My first SYC challenge! This was fun!

Here's mine....

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=129206&user_id=12098

Is there some kind of url/img or whatever it is that I can use to put the blinkie on my blog? I tried just cutting/pasting & that doesn't work for Typepad.

TFL! :-)

Deana said...

Well, I just added the blinkie & a link to your blog on my post today.

www.deanaboston.typepad.com/divalogues

TFL! :-)

liz mataraza said...

you scrap-crap stars really rocked this challenge...and what better than to top it off with the gift cards? i'm guessing i'm not eligible???

can't wait to see what everyone creates.

greta, your mini is kicking my arse! it's freakin' awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course I have markers, but what to do, what to do...? I can't put a blinkie on WP unless you have the code to imbed...sigh..always something, lol! Gina

Jenifer Cowles said...

I just did mine, posted it on the fiskateers sight. Thanks as usual for a wonderful challenge.

http://www.fiskateers.com/community/photo/26838/

liz mataraza said...

ugh, i can't get into fiskateers! they won't let me; i have to write an essay or something to join.

mica said...

Hi there! I had to sit out the last couple of challenges. I almost went out to buy some clips (lol). For this one, I used only marker I have.
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=129375&user_id=9361

mica said...

And I got your blinkie on my blog when you first posted them. :)

Lydia Siegel said...

Hello! Awesome los and I added your blinkie to my blog! Check it out!

Unknown said...

OK I do not have markers yet....but I used my trusty white pen!

Lydia Siegel said...

Im hoping to get the challenge done tomorrow. I love to doodle!

aimee said...

i'm back in the game girls!
here is mine...
http://mylifebyaimee.blogspot.com/

VanillaCarmel said...

here is mine...i like to use markers to color in die-cuts...i used my Cricut for the basket and apples, colored them in with markers.

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1395678

mandy

Jenn C. said...

I'm posting my layout but can't figure out how to do the blinkie thing...am I missing something???

Jenn C. said...

I posted two layouts...is that even allowed???

Glenda T. said...

I hope it was ok to do the challenge for one of my art journal pages. If so here is mine:

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=130832&gallery_type=main

tfl!

Kimberly said...

Hi, I just found this site... can I play along? :o) It looks like such a fun challenge :o) The example layouts are awesome!!!

Jenn C. said...

Ok, I ain't that bright but I posted a pic of your blinkie on my page and it links to here...??!! But it ain't blinking! Ugh!

Annie Collins said...

Ok I finished mine. This was a good challenge thanks for having it. You can see the blinkie and my layout here:

http://littlewingscreates.blogspot.com/

Thanks Greta for letting me know about it. :)

Britta said...

yeah - great challenge! I posted my try here: http://pinkgiraffe-britta.blogspot.com/

~Telah said...

Thank you for such a great challenge! I have some Chatterbox Doodle Genies that I just had to HAVE a few years ago and I NEVER use them. This challenge got me to break them out of hiding and dust them off a bit. Now I feel like I may have gotten some of my money's worth. ;) Here's my link:

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=131579

And I'm off to go put the blinkie on my blog: http://bamabuttercupscraps.blogspot.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP