Monday, September 24, 2012

It with a heavy and sad heart

I'm not sure where to start with this.
Everyone knows that Kim ran this blog for me and was a huge support system for me during these last few years with my personal turmoil I have been going through .

3 weeks ago she sent me and email and said she was not going to be able to run SYC anymore because she had just found out she had cancer.  Sadly, Kimmy died on September 11th.

I had sent an email to her Friday asking how she was doing and Lyndon, Her longtime partner sadly replied to me.  Here is what he had to say:


Hello,

This is Kim Sonksen's partner Lyndon replying. I have some terrible news. Poor Kim passed away from cancer on Tuesday 11th September. We did not know she even had cancer until 3 weeks before then on Thursday 6th September we were told it is terminal and my lovely Kim sadly died just 5 days later. She was in no pain and went into a coma for the last 2 days of her life. I was there with her when she died.

If you are interested, you can look at Kimmy's cancer donation page although I doubt it will apply to USA folks.


Im sorry to have to tell you this terrible news. I am devastated at the loss of my Kim but I would like as many of her online friends as possible to know that she is sadly gone. She was my world. my life and my everything for these past 14 years.

Best wishes,

Lyndon (Kim's long term partner)

SYC supporters please keep Lyndon in your prayers during this tough time.
Kim was such an amazing person.  She had a wicked sense of humor and was always a positive person.  She will be sadly missed by all in the blog/scrapping world as well as those of you who got to know her on a more personal level.  RIP Kim.

Love,
Greta


No comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP